whiteboard.fi: Vocabulary assessment



   When my "teacher-friends" and I started doing online teaching due to the COVID-19 quarantine, it was not an easy task at first; luckily, I surround myself with creative, ambitious and generous colleagues. My friends and I would meet online once a week to share resources and apps in order to help each other and provide a quality service to our pupils. In one of those meetings, my friend Gaby shared the online tool whiteboard.fi which is an online whiteboard for teachers and a set of mini whiteboards for students. What I love about this tool is that students find it user-friendly, they only need to enter the class code and it is ready to be used.

    I use it mostly to do formative and summative assessment in a relaxed way, our pupils are dealing with too many issues right now and  I do not want to cause more stress by using the words "quiz" or "test"; therefore, I came up with the idea of doing what I typically do in class: A drawing "game". I was teaching a PreA1 class and I needed to assess verbs, the activity was about saying verbs out loud for them to draw the action in their mini boards; they had a blast while being evaluated and I enjoyed assessing them as well ๐Ÿ˜‰. Bonus for me, I also found out my students' creativity has not limits!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple present: 3rd person singular

Asking for and giving personal information

Grammar point: Verb Be in simple present