Asking for and giving personal information

Basic Personal Information Questions
Group of people holding question mark icons
Let's review how to ask for personal information and how to answer properly.πŸ‘©


Learning tips:
  • To answer questions 1 to 3 you can say two different ways: My ______ is ______ or It's _______.
What's your name? 
My name is Gracia. / It's Gracia.

  • Be careful not to ask for second names when referring to middle names. Second name in English means SURNAMES (Last names).

  • To answer question 4 you can either say "I'm ____ years old." or "I'm ____ ."
I am 38 years old.
I'm 38.
I have 38 years old.
I am 38 years.
  • To answer question 5 you should say your occupation and before you say it, you must insert the indefinite article (A/an):

What do you do? 
I am an EFL facilitator.

What does you father do?
He is an accountant.

What does Marlene do?
She is a receptionist.

What does your niece do?
She is a high-school student.


  • To answer question you have to keep in mind the use of the prepositions in and at:
Use at followed by the name of the company.

Where do you work?
I work at Big Hit.

Use in followed by a department, specific building, business, industry, or field of work.

Where do you work?
I work in an entertainment company.

  • To answer question 9 do not forget to say numbers individually and say 0  as oh.
What's your contact number? 
It's 7668-0923. (It's seven six six eight oh nine two three.)

  • To answer question 10 you have to learn the basic punctuation marks used.

What's your email address?
It's teachergraciacastillo@gmail.com  (teachergraciacastillo at gmail dot com)


Practice


Try asking for and giving information with a friend by filling out a form. Do it through WA or any real time meeting platform to make it fun!πŸ˜‰

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple present: 3rd person singular

Grammar point: Verb Be in simple present